From network design to emergency troubleshooting and everything in between, FiberTechs delivers top-notch, experienced fiber optic services to clients in Texas and the surrounding areas. As a member of the Corning Network of Preferred Installers (NPI), our fiber optic network designers and installers are Corning-certified and adhere to the highest standards in the industry. With 27 years of experience in fiber optics, we’ve encountered and tackled virtually every situation.
We relish the opportunity to join projects during the planning phase, where we believe we can contribute the most value and long-term support. However, we’re also more than happy to be the team you turn to when nothing seems to be going right, and you need assistance getting your network up and running without delay.
Our Fiber Optic Services in Texas
Here are just a few of the ways that FiberTechs can support you with your upcoming fiber optic project:
Fiber Optic Termination, Splicing, and Testing Service
Fiber optic termination, splicing, testing, and maintenance are essential services required at every fiber location. FiberTechs can deliver fiber optic services in any environment and offer solutions to enhance existing infrastructure.
- Fiber optic termination – Fiber optic termination involves connecting fiber or wire to a device, such as a wall outlet or equipment, enabling the cable to be connected to other cables or devices. Proper fiber optic termination safeguards the fibers from dirt or damage while in use and prevents excessive light loss, thereby ensuring a network operates more smoothly and efficiently.
- Fiber splicing – Fiber optic splicing, including fusion splicing, is a crucial technique for joining two fiber optic cables together. It is the preferred solution when an available fiber optic cable is not long enough to cover the required distance.
- Testing services – The ongoing advancement of high-speed optical fiber systems increases the level of testing, accuracy, and precision necessary for the fiber infrastructure to support these applications and services.
Texas Fiber Optic Consultation
When you need a consultant to guide the management or construction of a fiber optic network, or to support an outside plant project, look no further than FiberTechs. Our fiber optic consultation services encompass:
- Site Assessments for New Service Routing and Design
- Implementation and Maintenance of Network Infrastructure Management Software
- Fiber Optic Network Equipment and Cable Layouts
- Emergency Recovery Planning
- Outside Plant (OSP) Solutions
Fiber optic cables designed for outside plant (OSP) applications are built to endure the installation processes and stressors associated with exposure to external conditions. The FiberTechs team delivers top-notch outside plant fiber optic services, including, but not limited to:
- Aerial Installations
- Deployment of Fiber Optic and Copper Cables
- Telephone Pole Preparations
- Splicing, Testing, and Maintenance of Fiber Optic Cables in Outside Plant Settings
- Utility Pole Installations
Discover more about our Outside Plant (OSP) solutions.
Explore more about our Fiber Optic Cable Installation offerings. We provide sales and installation of MaxCell products.
Network Acceptance Testing: OTDR and Power Testing/Certification
Fiber optic network acceptance testing ensures that any new cable matches the optical and physical requirements of the planned application. This testing should be performed upon delivery of the cable, prior to its installation. Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) is an instrument used to create a virtual “picture” of a fiber optic cable route. The analyzed data can provide insight into the integrity of the fibers, as well as any passive optical component such as the connectors, splices, splitters and multiplexers along the cable path.
Loss, Reflectance, Return Loss, PMD, and CD Testing
Reflectance is the light reflected back from a connector or splice. Optical Return Loss (ORL) is generally used to combine the reflectance from connectors or splices with the backscatter from the fiber, so the term is primarily used for longer cable runs. It is also important to test for Chromatic Dispersion (CD) and Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) on a regular basis to ensure optimal performance.
Emergency Restorations and Troubleshooting
When problems occur in your fiber optic network, it is important to have a recovery program in place. For businesses that rely heavily on their fiber optic cables, every hour the system is down can cost money. This is why emergency restorations and troubleshooting are some of our most important network cabling services. Our network maintenance services will get you back up and running after an outage.
Fiber Optic Network Auditing/Surveys
A fiber optic network audit and survey is the visual inspection of fiber optic cables and ethernet drops in data rooms to associate fiber positions in cases to show how the cables are physically spliced and whom they are serving.
On-site Customer Fiber Optic Training
To our valued customers, FiberTechs offers fiber optic training so companies can provide basic oversight of their own fiber optic networks. Fiber optic cables need to be properly maintained and even basic training can go a long way to keep fiber optic networks up and running.
Our Fiber Optic Certifications
FiberTechs has relationships with and certifications from many fiber optics related companies and organizations including:
- Fiber Optics Association (FOA) – An international non-profit educational association that is chartered to promote professionalism in fiber optics through education, certification, and standards.
- EXFO – A company that designs and manufactures test instruments and service assurance products for fixed and mobile telecom networks.
- Furukawa Electric Co., LTD. (FITEL) – Since manufacturing the world’s first optical fiber cable in 1974, Furukawa has led the development of optical fibers by establishing a total production system for products ranging from high-performance silica-based optical fibers to a variety of optical fiber cables.
- Credentials & Training
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC) – A cooperative program that delivers comprehensive identity verification, criminal history checks, and counter-terrorism screening services that validate the integrity of your workforce.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – This certification is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities/vessels.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – An organization whose mission is to assure safe and healthy working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education, and assistance.
Fiber Optic Construction in Texas
The FiberTechs team is well-versed in safety and proficient in handling all crucial aspects of fiber installation, such as street cutting, rock sawing, trenching, and operating the required heavy machinery. We maintain our competitiveness in the fiber optic industry by continuously refining our methods and keeping abreast of the latest advancements in the fiber optic field. Our fiber optic construction clientele encompasses major corporations and government entities.
Discover more about our Cable Construction Services.
Learn more about our Government Cabling Services. We are TWIC & SWAC Government Contractors.
Contact FiberTechs for Fiber Optic Services in Texas
FiberTechs is your go-to partner for exceptional, dependable fiber optic services. We take pride in serving clients in Texas and neighboring states, including New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and more. Contact us today to discuss your fiber optic or structured cabling system project!