Here For All Your Network Cabling Services Needs!
FiberTechs has been providing customers with reliable consulting, installation, and maintenance services for its fiber optic network and structured cabling systems projects for 25 years. We have provided our expert network cabling services and been a trusted partner to companies including:
- The Port Authority of NY & NJ
- Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission
- Frontier Communications
- STV Engineering
- North Jersey Water Commission
- IMTT-Bayonne, Inc.
- Scotia Bank
- Three Mile Island Nuclear
- Sussex Rural Electric Co-Op
- Digital Reality Date Centers
No matter what your scope or requirements are, we are prepared to help you with your network cabling project.
“We had a great experience with the technician today. He had a lot of patience and checked everything I asked for, had a lot of knowledge in the field, and really helped us. As of now we had no downs a whole day.”
– Abraham M. – FiberTechs Customer
Fiber Optic Expertise
We bring years of knowledge and expertise regarding fiber optics to all our network cabling services. If you are looking for fiber optic services including telecommunications installation, consulting, or emergency services, look no further than FiberTechs.
Fiber Optic Termination, Splicing, and Testing Service
Fiber optic termination, splicing, testing, and maintenance are important services needed at every fiber location. FiberTechs can provide fiber services in any environment as well as solutions to improve existing infrastructure.
- Fiber optic termination – Fiber optic termination is the connection of fiber or wire to a device, such as a wall outlet or equipment, which allows for connecting the cable to other cables or devices. Proper fiber optic termination will protect the fibers from dirt or damage while in use and prevent excessive loss of light, thus, making a network run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Fiber splicing – Fiber optic splicing is an important method of joining two fiber optic cables together. It is a preferred solution when an available fiber optic cable is not sufficiently long enough for the required distance.
- Testing services – The constant evolution of high-speed optical fiber systems raises the level of testing, accuracy, and precision required on the fiber infrastructure to support these applications and services.
Network Acceptance Testing: OTDR and Power Testing/Certification
Fiber optic network acceptance testing ensures that any new cable matches the optical and physical requirements of the planned application. This testing should be performed upon delivery of the cable, prior to its installation. Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) is an instrument used to create a virtual “picture” of a fiber optic cable route. The analyzed data can provide insight into the integrity of the fibers, as well as any passive optical component such as the connectors, splices, splitters and multiplexers along the cable path.
Loss, Reflectance, Return Loss, PMD and CD Testing
Reflectance is the light reflected back from a connector or splice. Optical Return Loss (ORL) is generally used to combine the reflectance from connectors or splices with the backscatter from the fiber, so the term is primarily used for longer cable runs. It is also important to test for Chromatic Dispersion (CD) and Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) on a regular basis to ensure optimal performance.
Emergency Restorations and Troubleshooting
When problems occur in your fiber optic network, it is important to have a recovery program in place. For businesses that rely heavily on their fiber optic cables, every hour the system is down can cost money. This is why emergency restorations and troubleshooting are some of our most important network cabling services.
Fiber Optic Network Auditing/Surveys
A fiber optic network audit and survey is the visual inspection of fiber optic cables and ethernet drops in data rooms to associate fiber positions in cases to show how the cables are physically spliced and whom they are serving.
On-site Customer Fiber Optic Training
To our valued customers, FiberTechs offers fiber optic training so companies can provide basic oversight of their own fiber optic networks. Fiber optic cables need to be properly maintained and even basic training can go a long way to keep fiber optic networks up and running.
Corning National Preferred Contractor NPR
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science, including optical fiber and connectivity solutions. FiberTechs is a preferred contractor of Corning and proudly utilizes their defining products for all our network cabling services.
Corning Certified Fiber Optic Network Designer and Installers
We utilize Corning products to design and install fiber optic networks for a variety of industries. We pride ourselves on innovating in the fiber optic space, and working with Corning products allows us to stay at the forefront of the fiber optic industry.
We are a Professional Maxcell Installer
At FiberTechs, we offer sales and installation of MaxCell products. If you are interested in installing this fabric innerduct that enables installations of up to 300% more cables than rigid HDPE innerducts, contact us today.
MaxCell is a flexible innerduct system designed for the network construction industry. It is used by many network owners and builders to increase their cable density.
MaxCell innerduct conforms to the shape of the cables that are placed within and reduces the space that is associated with rigid interducts. It also reduces or completely eliminates the number of conduits required for new construction. MaxCell can be used with fiber optic and utility cables both inside and outside plant.
Main Features of Maxcell Products:
- Highly flexible
- Chemical & ultraviolet resistant
- Weighs much less than traditional innerduct products
- Conforms to the available space during installation
- Permanent color coded identification striped cells
MaxCell has been successfully installed in a variety of applications which include:
- Cable TV
- Wireless backhaul
- Military & government installations
- Universities, corporations, and hospital campuses
Structured Cabling Systems
A structured cabling system is a complete system of cabling and associated hardware, which provides a comprehensive telecommunications infrastructure. This infrastructure serves a wide range of uses, such as to provide telephone service or transmit data through a computer network.
- Category 5E and 6
- TV/RF cabling
- Backbone cabling
- Site Survey
- Materials Supply
Cable Construction Services
When you’re on site at a construction project, FiberTechs will be right there with you. We’ve worked on everything from schools, office buildings, government projects, and industrial infrastructure projects to ports, power plants, bridges, and tunnels. Our cable construction services can be provided in a variety of locations including:
Inside Plant Services
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Terminations
- Copper Splicing, Terminations, and Testing
- Rack and Stack: Installation of Cabinets, Frames and Cable Management Installations
- Conduit Placement and Core Drilling
- Troubleshooting and Emergency Repair Services
- Testing, Certification, and Documentation
Outside Plant Services
- Installation of Fiber Optic and Copper Cables
- Telephone Pole Make-Ready
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Maintenance of Outside Plant
- Utility Pole Placement
Learn more about our Outside Plant (OSP) services.
Learn more about our Government Cabling Services. We are TWIC & SWAC Government Contractors.
- Cable Pulling
- Manhole, Vault, and Pedestal Servicing and Placement
- Conduit and Innerduct Placement
- Manhole Studies
- GC and PM Services for: Road Cuts, Trenching and Surface Restoration
- Directional and Stitch Boring, and/or Trenching
Network Maintenance Services
Storms and system outages are inevitable, but the time it takes you to get your network back up and running can be the difference between a minor inconvenience and a serious problem for your business. We have decades of experience helping large companies recover from network outages and stay running. Our network maintenance services include:
- 24 x 7 x 365 Emergency Repair and Restoration Services with Guaranteed Response Times
- Scheduled Infrastructure Enhancements and Cutovers
- In-house Crews Which Deliver Consistency and Quality
- All Required Construction and Safety Training and Equipment
If you are looking for a consultant to help manage, or build a fiber optics or structured cable system, or to assist with an outside plant project, turn to FiberTechs. Our fiber optic consulting services include:
- Building Surveys for New Service Routing and Design
- Network Infrastructure Management Software Implementation and Maintenance
- Fiber Optic Network Hardware and Cable Designs
- Emergency Restoration Planning
Data Center Cabling
We provide professional fiber optic and structured cabling services for data centers. We know the unique requirements for this type of environment and have the experience to provide high performance data center cabling.
Contact FiberTechs for Network Cabling Services
FiberTechs is your first call partner for quality, reliable network cabling services. We are proud to serve customers in New Jersey, New York, and the surrounding area including Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Contact us today to discuss your fiber optic or structured cable system project!