Structured cabling systems are your data network’s nervous system, and we’re wired for them.
FiberTechs is capable of handling all aspects of your telecommunications infrastructure needs. We will install, expand, test, certify, and repair any low-voltage structured cabling systems. We offer both inside plant and outside plant services.
Need wireless access points (Wifi) installed? We’re on it! Need DAS Systems installed and maintained? Want a Data Room constructed? Done!
What is Structured Cabling?
Structured cabling is the design and installation of a cabling system that will support multiple hardware uses that are suitable for today’s needs, as well as hardware and technology that will be added over time. A structured cabling system from an experienced and professional team will be able to meet current and future requirements, and hardware that is added in the future will be supported.
Structured cabling systems are used in a wide range of infrastructure and industries. It generally provides telecommunications or data transmission through a network. Structured cabling often falls into six sub-systems which include:
- Entrance Facilities – The point where the telephone company network ends and connects with the on-premises wiring at the clients premises.
- Equipment Rooms – Host equipment which serves the users inside the building.
- Telecommunications Rooms – Where various telecommunications and data equipment resides, connecting the backbone and horizontal cabling subsystems.
- Backbone Cabling – Inter and intra-building cable connections; it carries that signals between the entrance facilities, equipment rooms, and telecommunication rooms.
- Horizontal Cabling – The wiring from the telecommunications rooms to the individual outlets on the floor.
- Work-Area Components – Connect end-user equipment to the outlets of the horizontal cabling system.
Benefits of Utilizing Structured Cable
The key benefit of implementing structured cabling systems at your company or business is organization. If you work in a building with messy cables, any work that needs to be done will end up costing extra time and money. The amount of downtime for moving, adding, or changing equipment will be drastically reduced when implementing a structured cabling system. Messy wires and cables also increase the chance of human error creating even more problems.
On top of the time saving element, the aesthetics of clean cable management cannot be understated. A structured cabling system will look much cleaner than a point-to-point method and will make it much easier to pinpoint where cables are connected.
Structured Cabling From FiberTechs
We’ve been designing, building and maintaining structured cabling systems for more than 20 years all across the Northeast. No job is too big, or too complex for our professionals. Serving business parks, industrial, commercial buildings, data centers, sea ports, airports, bridges and more our techs have the secure access documents needed for working on these critical assets with TWIC and SWAC Identification cards and the experience and expertise to tackle any size project small or large.
- ISP (Inside Plant) cabling
- OSP (Outside Plant) cabling
- All delivery systems: Category 5-Cat 8, Fiber optic, coaxial, HDMI video cabling
- Cable construction services
- Site Surveys
- Materials Supplier
- Office Technology Relocation
Structured Cabling Installation
If you would like to integrate structured cabling systems into your business’s office or facility, FiberTechs can make that happen. We have the resources to integrate structured cabling systems into your location’s current layout. Reach out to FiberTechs today to discuss the specifics of your business’s cable needs, and learn more about our services.
Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, we work with companies and organizations all along the east coast, including New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Over the years we’ve been a trusted partner to AT&T, Becton Dickinson, Cablevision, Comcast, Orange and Rockland Power Company, Time Warner Cable, The Port Authority of NY & NJ, and the U.S. Army.