Our hard hats are always ready.
When you’re on site at a construction project, FiberTechs will be right there with you. We’ve worked on everything from schools, office buildings, and industrial infrastructure projects to ports, power plants, bridges, and tunnels. Our clients are as diverse as AT&T, Comcast, and Kinder Morgan to the NY/NJ Port Authority and the U.S. Army. Whether you need fiber optic, coaxial or copper, cables pulled, installed, trenched, or testing and certification, we’re ready to do the work and support you once it’s done. Let’s leave our desks and get a little dirty with professional cable construction services.
FiberTechs’ cable construction services include, but are not limited to:
- Inside Plant Services
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Terminations
- Copper Splicing, Terminations, and Testing
- Rack and Stack: Installation of Cabinets, Frames, Equipment and Cable Management Systems
- Conduit and Innerduct Placement
- Core Drilling and Firestopping
- Troubleshooting and Emergency Repair Services 24/7
- Testing, Certification, and Documentation
- Outside Plant Services
- Aerial Cable and Conduit Placement
- Installation of Fiber Optic, Coaxial and Copper Cables
- Telephone/Utility Pole Installations and Make-Ready Services
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Certification
- Maintenance of Outside Plant
- Underground Services
- Cable Pulling
- Manholes, Vaults and Pedestal Servicing and Placement
- Conduit and Innerduct Placement
- Rod and Rope
- Manhole Studies
- Directional Boring and Trenching Contracting
What Is Fiber Splicing?
Fiber splicing, the process of joining two fiber optic cables together, is an important service needed at every fiber location. It is a preferred solution when the available fiber optic cable is not sufficiently long enough for the required distance, or if an existing cable has broken. Whether you are installing a new fiber optic network or updating an existing one, cables must be properly spliced in order to avoid network outages, failures, or other disruptions.
What is Considered an Outside Plant? (OSP)
In the telecommunications sector, an outside plant is all of the physical cabling and supporting infrastructure (such as conduits, cabinets, towers or poles), and any associated hardware (such as repeaters) located between a demarcation point in a switching facility and a demarcation point in another switching center or customers location.
The United States Department of Defense (DOD) defines an outside plant as the communication equipment found between a main distribution center, and the end users instrument (phone, computer, router, etc.)
We offer many outside plant services, such as fiber optic repair, fiber optic termination, fiber splicing, and testing services.
FiberTechs also has relationships with and certifications from many fiber optics related companies and organizations including:
- Fiber Optics Association – An international non-profit educational association that is chartered to promote professionalism in fiber optics through education, certification and standards.
- EXFO – A company that designs and manufactures test instruments and service assurance products for fixed and mobile telecom networks.
- Furukawa Electric Co., LTD (FITEL) – Furukawa has led the development of optical fibers by establishing a total production system for products ranging from high-performance silica-based optical fibers to a variety of optical fiber cables.
- Cheeta Certifications
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Our New Jersey Cable Construction Professionals Can Help You
FiberTechs is your first call partner for quality, reliable cable construction services. We have years of experience and are here to help you with your next project, so contact us today to get started.
Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, we work with companies and organizations all along the east coast, including New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Over the years we’ve been a trusted partner to AT&T, Becton Dickinson, Cablevision, Comcast, Orange and Rockland Power Company, Time Warner Cable, The Port Authority of NY & NJ, and the U.S. Army.