Fiber optic cables for an outside plant (OSP) are designed to withstand the installation procedures and stress of being exposed to the external environment. The team at FiberTechs provides the highest quality outside plant fiber optic services. Outside plant fiber optic cables perform exceptionally well in wet conditions and in extreme temperatures. They can be installed in ducts, direct buried and aerial/lashed, providing the flexibility needed to meet the demands of campus backbones and other outside plant requirements.
What is Considered an Outside Plant? (OSP)
In the telecommunications sector, an outside plant is all of the physical cabling and supporting infrastructure (such as conduits, cabinets, towers or poles), and any associated hardware (such as repeaters) located between a demarcation point in a switching facility and a demarcation point in another switching center or customers location.
The United States Department of Defense (DOD) defines an outside plant as the communication equipment found between a main distribution center, and the end users instrument (phone, computer, router, etc.)
Our Outside Plant Fiber Optic Services
Here are just a few of the outside plant fiber optic services FiberTechs can provide:
Fiber Optic Termination, Splicing, and Testing Service
Fiber optic termination, splicing, testing, and maintenance are important services needed at every fiber location. FiberTechs can provide fiber optic services in any environment as well as solutions to improve existing infrastructure.
- Fiber optic repair – We offer fiber optic repair, troubleshooting, and testing for outside plant locations.
- Fiber optic termination – Fiber optic termination is the connection of fiber or wire to a device, such as a wall outlet or equipment, which allows for connecting the cable to other cables or devices. Proper fiber optic termination will protect the fibers from dirt or damage while in use and prevent excessive loss of light, thus, making a network run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Fiber splicing – Fiber optic splicing is an important method of joining two fiber optic cables together. It is a preferred solution when an available fiber optic cable is not sufficiently long enough for the required distance.
- Testing services – The constant evolution of high-speed optical fiber systems raises the level of testing, accuracy, and precision required on the fiber infrastructure to support these applications and services.
- Other services including:
- Installation of Fiber Optic and Copper Cables
- Telephone Pole Make-Ready
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Maintenance of Outside Plant
- Utility Pole Placement
Outside Plant Fiber Optic Engineering Consulting
If you are looking for a consultant to help engineer, manage, or build a fiber optics network, or to assist with an outside plant project, turn to FiberTechs. Our fiber optic engineering consulting services include:
- Building Surveys for New Service Routing and Design
- Network Infrastructure Management Software Implementation and Maintenance
- Fiber Optic Network Hardware and Cable Designs
- Emergency Restoration Planning
Our Fiber Optic Certifications
FiberTechs has relationships with and certifications from many fiber optics related companies and organizations including:
- Fiber Optics Association (FOA) – An international non-profit educational association that is chartered to promote professionalism in fiber optics through education, certification and standards.
- EXFO – A company that designs and manufactures test instruments and service assurance products for fixed and mobile telecom networks.
- Furukawa Electric Co., LTD. (FITEL) – Since manufacturing the world’s first optical fiber cable in 1974, Furukawa has led the development of optical fibers by establishing a total production system for products ranging from high-performance silica-based optical fibers to a variety of optical fiber cables.
- CHEETA Certifications
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC) – A cooperative program that delivers comprehensive identity verification, criminal history checks, and counter-terrorism screening services that validate the integrity of your workforce.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – This certification is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities/vessels.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – An organization whose mission is to assure safe and healthy working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance
Outside Plant Fiber Optic Construction
The team at FiberTechs are all well versed in safety and able to handle all key aspects of fiber installation, such as street cutting, rock sawing, trenching and the operation of necessary heavy equipment. We manage to stay competitive in the fiber optic industry by continually advancing our techniques and staying on top of every advancement in the fiber optic space. Our fiber optic construction clients include major corporations and government entities.
Learn more about our Cable Construction Services.
Contact FiberTechs for Outside Plant (OSP) Fiber Optic Services
FiberTechs is your first call partner for quality, reliable fiber optic services. We are proud to serve customers in New Jersey, New York, and the surrounding area including Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Contact us today to discuss your fiber optic or structured cable system project!