From network design to emergency troubleshooting and everything in between, FiberTechs provides quality, experienced fiber optic services to customers in New York, and the surrounding areas. We are part of the Corning Network of Preferred Installers (NPI), which means our fiber optic network designers and installers are Corning-certified and held to the highest standards in the industry. And with 27 years in fiber optics, we’ve seen and handled just about everything.
We love to get in on projects at the planning stage, where we feel we can provide the most value and long-term support. But we also aren’t opposed to being the ones you call when nothing seems to be going right and you need help getting the network up and running, now.
Our Fiber Optic Services in New York
Here are just a few of the ways that FiberTechs can assist you with your next fiber optic project:
Fiber Optic Termination, Splicing, and Testing Service
Fiber optic termination, splicing, testing, and maintenance are important services needed at every fiber location. FiberTechs can provide fiber optic services in any environment as well as solutions to improve existing infrastructure.
- Fiber optic termination – Fiber optic termination is the connection of fiber or wire to a device, such as a wall outlet or equipment, which allows for connecting the cable to other cables or devices. Proper fiber optic termination will protect the fibers from dirt or damage while in use and prevent excessive loss of light, thus, making a network run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Fiber splicing – Fiber optic splicing, including fusion splicing, is an important method of joining two fiber optic cables together. It is a preferred solution when an available fiber optic cable is not sufficiently long enough for the required distance.
- Testing services – The constant evolution of high-speed optical fiber systems raises the level of testing, accuracy, and precision required on the fiber infrastructure to support these applications and services.
New York Fiber Optic Consulting
If you are looking for a consultant to help manage, or build a fiber optics network, or to assist with an outside plant project, turn to FiberTechs. Our fiber optic consulting services include:
- Building Surveys for New Service Routing and Design
- Network Infrastructure Management Software Implementation and Maintenance
- Fiber Optic Network Hardware and Cable Designs
- Emergency Restoration Planning
Outside Plant (OSP) Services
Fiber optic cables for an outside plant (OSP) are designed to withstand the installation procedures and stress of being exposed to the external environment. The team at FiberTechs provides the highest quality outside plant fiber optic services, including but not limited to:
- Installation of Fiber Optic and Copper Cables
- Telephone Pole Make-Ready
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Maintenance of Outside Plant
- Utility Pole Placement
Learn more about our Outside Plant (OSP) services.
Learn more about our Fiber Optic Cable Installation services. We offer sales and installation of MaxCell products.
Network Acceptance Testing: OTDR and Power Testing/Certification
Fiber optic network acceptance testing ensures that any new cable matches the optical and physical requirements of the planned application. This testing should be performed upon delivery of the cable, prior to its installation. Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) is an instrument used to create a virtual “picture” of a fiber optic cable route. The analyzed data can provide insight into the integrity of the fibers, as well as any passive optical component such as the connectors, splices, splitters and multiplexers along the cable path.
Loss, Reflectance, Return Loss, PMD and CD Testing
Reflectance is the light reflected back from a connector or splice. Optical Return Loss (ORL) is generally used to combine the reflectance from connectors or splices with the backscatter from the fiber, so the term is primarily used for longer cable runs. It is also important to test for Chromatic Dispersion (CD) and Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) on a regular basis to ensure optimal performance.
Emergency Restorations and Troubleshooting
When problems occur in your fiber optic network, it is important to have a recovery program in place. For businesses that rely heavily on their fiber optic cables, every hour the system is down can cost money. This is why emergency restorations and troubleshooting are some of our most important network cabling services. Our network maintenance services will get you back up and running after an outage.
Fiber Optic Network Auditing/Surveys
A fiber optic network audit and survey is the visual inspection of fiber optic cables and ethernet drops in data rooms to associate fiber positions in cases to show how the cables are physically spliced and whom they are serving.
On-site Customer Fiber Optic Training
To our valued customers, FiberTechs offers fiber optic training so companies can provide basic oversight of their own fiber optic networks. Fiber optic cables need to be properly maintained and even basic training can go a long way to keep fiber optic networks up and running.
Our Fiber Optic Certifications
FiberTechs has relationships with and certifications from many fiber optics related companies and organizations including:
- Fiber Optics Association (FOA) – An international non-profit educational association that is chartered to promote professionalism in fiber optics through education, certification and standards.
- EXFO – A company that designs and manufactures test instruments and service assurance products for fixed and mobile telecom networks.
- Furukawa Electric Co., LTD. (FITEL) – Since manufacturing the world’s first optical fiber cable in 1974, Furukawa has led the development of optical fibers by establishing a total production system for products ranging from high-performance silica-based optical fibers to a variety of optical fiber cables.
- Credentials & Training
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC) – A cooperative program that delivers comprehensive identity verification, criminal history checks, and counter-terrorism screening services that validate the integrity of your workforce.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – This certification is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities/vessels.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – An organization whose mission is to assure safe and healthy working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance
Fiber Optic Construction in New York
The team at FiberTechs are all well versed in safety and able to handle all key aspects of fiber installation, such as street cutting, rock sawing, trenching and the operation of necessary heavy equipment. We manage to stay competitive in the fiber optic industry by continually advancing our techniques and staying on top of every advancement in the fiber optic space. Our fiber optic construction clients include major corporations and government entities.
Learn more about our Cable Construction Services.
Learn more about our Government Cabling Services. We are TWIC & SWAC Government Contractors.
Contact FiberTechs for Fiber Optic Services in New York
FiberTechs is your first call partner for quality, reliable fiber optic services. We are proud to serve customers in New York and nearby states including New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. Contact us today to discuss your fiber optic or structured cable system project!