We’re always geared up and ready in the Sunshine State.
When you’re on-site at a construction project in Florida, FiberTechs will be right by your side. Our expertise extends to a wide range of projects, from schools, office buildings, and industrial infrastructure to ports, power plants, bridges, and tunnels. Serving a diverse clientele not only in Florida but also in Texas and beyond, we are prepared to handle all your cable construction needs, whether it’s fiber optic, coaxial, or copper cables – be it pulling, installation, trenching, or testing and certification. It’s time to leave the desks behind and get down and dirty with our professional cable construction services.
FiberTechs’ comprehensive cable construction services in Florida include:
- Inside Plant Services
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Terminations
- Copper Splicing, Terminations, and Testing
- Rack and Stack: Installation of Cabinets, Frames, Equipment and Cable Management Systems
- Conduit and Innerduct Placement
- Core Drilling and Firestopping
- Troubleshooting and Emergency Repair Services 24/7
- Testing, Certification, and Documentation
- Outside Plant Services
- Aerial Cable and Conduit Placement
- Installation of Fiber Optic, Coaxial and Copper Cables
- Telephone/Utility Pole Installations and Make-Ready Services
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Certification
- Maintenance of Outside Plant
- Underground Services
- Cable Pulling
- Manholes, Vaults and Pedestal Servicing and Placement
- Conduit and Innerduct Placement
- Rod and Rope
- Manhole Studies
- Directional Boring and Trenching Contracting
What Is Fiber Splicing?
Fiber splicing is a crucial service required at every fiber location. It involves joining two fiber optic cables together. This method is preferred when the available fiber optic cable is not long enough for the required distance or when an existing cable is broken. Properly splicing cables is essential for avoiding network outages, failures, or disruptions, whether you’re installing a new fiber optic network or updating an existing one.
What is Considered an Outside Plant? (OSP)
In the telecommunications sector, an outside plant refers to all the physical cabling and supporting infrastructure, such as conduits, cabinets, towers, or poles, along with any associated hardware like repeaters. These components are located between a demarcation point in a switching facility and a demarcation point in another switching center or a customer’s location.
The United States Department of Defense (DOD) defines an outside plant as the communication equipment found between a main distribution center, and the end users instrument (phone, computer, router, etc.)
At FiberTechs, we offer a range of outside plant services in Florida, including fiber optic repair, fiber optic termination, fiber splicing, and testing services.
FiberTechs also boasts relationships with and certifications from numerous fiber optics-related companies and organizations, including:
- Fiber Optics Association – An international non-profit educational association that is chartered to promote professionalism in fiber optics through education, certification and standards.
- EXFO – A company that designs and manufactures test instruments and service assurance products for fixed and mobile telecom networks.
- Furukawa Electric Co., LTD (FITEL) – Furukawa has led the development of optical fibers by establishing a total production system for products ranging from high-performance silica-based optical fibers to a variety of optical fiber cables.
- Credentials & Training
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Our team of cable construction professionals in Florida is here to assist you. With 27 years of experience under our belts, FiberTechs is your trusted partner for high-quality and reliable cable construction services. Contact us today to get started on your next project.