Fiber optic cables for an outside plant (OSP) are engineered to withstand installation procedures and stress from exposure to the external environment. The team at FiberTechs offers top-tier OSP fiber optic services, tailored to Texas’ specific environmental conditions. These cables perform exceptionally well in wet conditions and in extreme temperatures, providing the flexibility needed for various OSP requirements.
What is Considered an Outside Plant? (OSP)
In the telecommunications sector, an outside plant encompasses the physical cabling, supporting infrastructure such as conduits, cabinets, towers, or poles, and any associated hardware, located between a demarcation point in a switching facility and a demarcation point in another switching center or customer’s location.
Austin Our Outside Plant Fiber Optic Services
FiberTechs offers a range of OSP fiber optic services including termination, splicing, and testing. Our team can provide these crucial fiber optic services services in any environment and offer solutions to improve existing infrastructure.
- Fiber optic repair – We offer fiber optic repair, troubleshooting, and testing for outside plant locations.
- Fiber optic termination – Fiber optic termination is the connection of fiber or wire to a device, such as a wall outlet or equipment, which allows for connecting the cable to other cables or devices. Proper fiber optic termination will protect the fibers from dirt or damage while in use and prevent excessive loss of light, thus, making a network run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Fiber splicing – Fiber optic splicing is an important method of joining two fiber optic cables together. It is a preferred solution when an available fiber optic cable is not sufficiently long enough for the required distance.
- Testing services – The constant evolution of high-speed optical fiber systems raises the level of testing, accuracy, and precision required on the fiber infrastructure to support these applications and services.
- Other services include:
- Installation of Fiber Optic and Copper Cables
- Telephone Pole Make-Ready
- Fiber Optic Splicing, Testing, and Maintenance of Outside Plant
- Utility Pole Placement
Outside Plant Fiber Optic Consulting
Should you need a consultant to manage or build a fiber optics network, or to assist with an OSP project in Austin, look no further than FiberTechs. Our fiber optic consulting services include building surveys for new service routing and design, network infrastructure management software implementation, fiber optic network hardware and cable designs, and emergency restoration planning.
OSP Fiber Optic Construction
The FiberTechs team is proficient in all aspects of fiber installation, such as street cutting, rock sawing, trenching, and the operation of necessary heavy equipment. We continually refine our techniques and stay updated with advancements in the fiber optic sector, serving major corporations and government entities throughout Texas.
Our Fiber Optic Certifications
FiberTechs has relationships with and certifications from many fiber optics-related companies and organizations including:
- Fiber Optics Association (FOA) – An international non-profit educational association that is chartered to promote professionalism in fiber optics through education, certification, and standards.
- EXFO – A company that designs and manufactures test instruments and service assurance products for fixed and mobile telecom networks.
- Furukawa Electric Co., LTD. (FITEL) – Since manufacturing the world’s first optical fiber cable in 1974, Furukawa has led the development of optical fibers by establishing a total production system for products ranging from high-performance silica-based optical fibers to a variety of optical fiber cables.
- Credentials & Training
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC) – A cooperative program that delivers comprehensive identity verification, criminal history checks, and counter-terrorism screening services that validate the integrity of your workforce.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – This certification is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities/vessels.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – An organization whose mission is to assure safe and healthy working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education, and assistance
Contact FiberTechs for OSP Fiber Optic Services
FiberTechs is your go-to partner for reliable, high-quality fiber optic services. We’re honored to serve our clients in Austin. Contact us today to discuss your fiber optic or structured cable system project!